Sunday, December 12, 2010

Time for the letter C!

I love names that start with C so this may be a long blog!
Let's get on with it then:

Boys:

Ciaran - If you read my Irish names blog you will know that I love this name. It is so strong sounding and also very interesting.

Connall - It really was my friend Connall that made me like this name. I think it is very cool and would be a good alternative to Connor.

Calum/Callum - Those of you on Formspring will already know how much I love this name. It is really popular in Scotland but that doesn't bother me at all. it is one of my 3 favorite boys names, it's of Scottish origin and it means 'dove'.

Calder - I came across this name very recently but I can't remember where. It is almost exclusively a surname but I think it works well as a first name too.

Cooper - This name isn't really my style but I have been starting to like it recently. It is not popular as a first name here at all and I think it sounds very cool and fresh.

Girls:

Catriona - This is one of my favorite girls' names. It is a Scottish form of Katherine and I think it sounds very pretty and feminine.

Callista - Too me this name just sounds beautiful and feminine and princessy. For some reason I always imagine a girl called Callista to be pretty and blonde.

Caoimhe - (KEE-vah) This name was also in my Irish names list. The spelling may but some people off but I think it is beautiful. It is also kind of unusual and interesting which is great if you don't like popular names.

Ciara - (KEE-rah) Another one from my Irish names blog. My friend Ciara really made me love this name. It is short and sweet and very very pretty.

Claire - This is a short and simple name which is pretty and classic. The meaning of 'clear, bright and famous' is pretty good too.

Carys - Welsh names seem to be getting very popular at the moment and I like this one is very sweet. It means 'love' which makes it even more appealing.

Cerys - This is a varient of Carys which is a bit more popular here. It is also very pretty and interesting.

Catalina - This name reminds me of the Romanian gymnast Catalina Ponor. I think it is very beautiful and feminie.

Coral - This is one of the more unusual colour names. I think it is very cute and interesting and would be great if you are looking for something different.

Coralie - This name has a beatiful exotic feel. It is fresh and interesting.

Charlotte - This name is such a classic. The nicknames Charlie and Lottie are very cute too.

No comments:

Post a Comment