Thursday, December 16, 2010

F names!

Ok so it's been a couple of days since my last blog and I really should be writing an essay right now but anyway....
Letter F anyone?

Boys:
Finn - My number 1 favorite boys name at the moment. I think it is very cool and fresh sounding but it is actually a really old name which I like aswell. I also like it because of finn from Glee.

Fraser - This is a Scottish surname name and it is quite popular here especailly for boys around my age. I think it sounds very masculine and cool.

Fergus - Another Scottish name, it seems quite old fashioned but is definitely due for a come back I think it is very strong sounding and I think the nicname Gus is cute.

Finnan - I have only heard this name very recently - I think it is unusual and interesting.

Francis - A lot of people do not like this name but I have always had a soft spot for it. I really like it with the nickname Fran - mainly because of Fran Healy, the lead singer from Travis.

Finlay - This is an old fashioned Scottish name that is definitely making a comeback. I can imagine it on boys and men of all ages.

Fintan - I first heard this name in a Marian Keyes book called 'The Last Chance Saloon'. I really like a lot of 'Fin-' names and this one is really interesting.

Girls:
Fiona - Another Scottish name! Fiona means fair and it is high up on my favorites list. Fiona is very popular here and I know quite a lot of people with this name.

Freya - I was surprised to find that Freya is not at all popular in North America because it really is pretty popular here. It is a name from Norse mythology and I think it's very pretty and interesting.

Florentina - This name seems ultra-feminine to me. It is very pretty and sophisticated.

Florence - Old lady names are very trendy just now and Florence is definitely ready for a comeback.

Francesca - I love Italian names and this one is very feminine and pretty.

Franziska - This is the German form of Francesca and I think it is even more interesting and unusual. I have a friend names Franziska and she really made me like this name.

Felicity - I think this is a very pretty and feminine name and it is made even nicer by the fact that it means 'happy'.

Fearne - This is a nice simple one sylable name and I think it makes a really nice middle name.

Faith - I prefer Faith as a middle name but I think it is nice as a first name too. I love that it has such an nice and obvious meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment