Sunday, December 12, 2010

It's E Time!

Ok so before I start I better warn you that this blog is probably going to be very long, especailly the girls' part. I don't think I will be able to tell you about ALL the E names I like for girls. Here we go then....



Boys:

Evan - I never used to like this name but it has been growing on me lately. I like a lot of shorter names for boys and this one is simple and strong.



Ewan/Euan - Again, a Scottish name - Surprise, surprise! I prefer the Euan spelling but the other spelling is quite cool too. It has been growing on me a lot lately. It is very popular here in both variations so I know a lot of people with this name.



Emmett - I first heard this name in Twilight and I think it is really strong and interesting.



Edward - I like this name because it is such a classic but I wouldn't use it because of the nicknames Ed and Eddy.



Girls:



Elizabeth - This name is so classic and timeless. I love how many nickname options it has - my favorite is Liza.



Emma - This name is classic yet modern sounding, it's sweet, simple ans feminine, plus it has a litterary connection - it is easy to see why it is so popular. It is my middle name and I really love it!



Eilidh - This is another Scottish name which is pronounced (AY-lee). It is the Scottish form of Helen and is very pretty and feminine. It is quite popular in Scotland and was in the top 50 for 2009. The spelling might put some people off but its popularity stops that from being an issue here.



Elena - This is a beautiful name that is used in many different languages. This name has various pronunciations but I like it pronounced (el-AY-nah). The character Elena from the Vampire Diaries makes me like it even more.



Elaine - Some people may feel that this name is quite dated but I think it is very pretty and sophisticated sounding and definitely due for a comeback.



Elsie - Although this name does seem a bit nicknamey I think it is incredibly cute and could work as a name in its own right.



Erin - I think this is a cool and spunky sounding name. It's nice and simple and would be a good choice for parents who don't like nicknames as it doesn't seen to have any obvious nickname options.



Eleanora - I think this name is a lot more feminine and exotic sounding than Eleanor. I like a lot of Italian names and I think this one is particularly beautiful.



Eva - I like this name best out of all the Eve names and a lot better than Ava. It is sweet and simple and very very pretty.



Esme - Another one from Twilight, although that is not where I first heard it. To me it seems old fashioned in the best possible way. It is very sweet and feminine.



Emmalina - I think this name is so pretty and ultra feminine. It would be great if you were looking for a less popular alternative to Emma. Emma could be used as a nickname as could Lina.

2 comments: