Monday, January 31, 2011

Names beginning with M

For this blog there are more girls' names than boys' names. I wasn't sure how much I like M names untill I started working on this blog - I actually came up with quite a lot.

Girls:
Margaret - This name has a lovely old-fashioned feel to it. The nickname Meg is also very cute.

Megan - I think this Welsh form of Margaret is very spunky and cool.

Mairead - This is the Scottish form of Margaret and is pronounced (MY-red). I have always found it very interesting.

Mirren - This Scottish name has been gaining in popularity recently. I think it is very sweet and has a cool spunky feel to it.

Miriam - This name will definitely fit in with the trend of old-lady names. The nicknames Mim and Mirri are very cute.

Marsaili - This is an unusual Scottish name that is pronounced (MAR-si-lee). I have always thought it was very interesting and very pretty.

Maria -To me this name has always seemed exotic and beautiful.

Morag - This is another very interesting Scottish name.

Melanie - The film Sweet Home Alabama made me fall in love with this name.

Milena - I have heard several pronunciations of this name but my favorite is (Mee-LEN-ah). I think it is very exotic and very pretty.

Miranda - This is a Shakespearean name which has always seemed magical and mysterious to me.

Morven - I feel similarly about this name as I do about Megan. It is a Scottish name which was very popular for girls around my age.


Boys:
Matthew - This name is a timeless classic. It would have been my name if I was a boy.

Mark - I love the simplisity of this name, I also love how it feels modern but is a classic at the same time.

Martin - I think this name has a fresh, modern feel to it.

Malcolm - This is a gorgeous Scottish name which is very strong and intersting.

Magnus - This is a very strong and masculine name which is very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment