Sunday, January 2, 2011

Names beginning with I!

Some of my favorite girls' names begin with I but I like very few I names for boys so this is going to be quite an uneven blog - but that doesn't matter!

Boys:
Ian - This is the only I name on my list for boys and it is one of my favorites. It is the Scottish name of John and even though it is really popluar I still love it. I think it is simple yet very stong sounding. The spelling Iain is also popular where I live but I prefer the more straight forward Ian spelling.

Ivo - I think names that end in O are seriously cool and this one is no exception!

Girls:
Isla - Number one favorite girls name!!!! I think this name is very pretty and feminine while still being refresingly simple. It is a Scottish name that comes from the name of the island of Islay!

Iona - Another Scottish island name. This name seems to be coming back into fashion in Scotland at the moment and I can see why, it is interesting and pretty. I have a cousin called Iona so the name makes me think of her (she is very cute!).

Iris - Old lady names are cool again and Iris is definitely due for a comeback. It is pretty, feminine and has a cool vintage feel to it.

Ivy - Ivy also fits in with the trend of old lady names but it sounds fresh and modern at the same time.

Ivanna - This names sounds beautiful and exotic to me.

Imelda - This is an Italian name with a very cool old-fashioned edge to it.

Ilaria - Another beautiful Italian name. It is very interesting and exotic but I do have a bit of a problem picturing it on an English speaking person. It would be a great name for a baby with Italian roots!

No comments:

Post a Comment